Colleagues,

As always it might be usefull to undertstand the motivation behind the
bill. We have members of Parliament with us on the list, it might be great
if a honourable member clarifies the issues being raised so that we work
together towards a good document.

Best Regards

Best Regards

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019, 12:11 am Twahir Hussein Kassim via kictanet, <
kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:

> Mwendwa, exactly my thoughts!
>
> We need to breakdown this Malulu Bill and highlight every blunder it seeks
> to create.
>
> Just wondering how a WhatsApp admin is expected to control what group
> members post! Despite vigilance by admins, you would always get some tough
> heads. Trying to get this in control is tantamount to saying I control what
> guests in my house would speak! Failure to do that I am liable to a jail
> term or a hefty fine! The whole of Kenya might end up in Shimo la Tewa or
> Kamiti!
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 8:34 PM Mwendwa Kivuva <
> Kivuva@transworldafrica.com> wrote:
>
>> Bad manners are contagious. This looks like a copy paste from Tanzania
>> laws.
>>
>> But it also shows a big ignorance in the drafters of the bill.
>>
>> This amendments to KICA seeks to regulate creation of whatsapp groups!!
>> What nonsense is that? That if you want to start a baby shower group, you
>> need to get a licence from CA.
>>
>> Then on blogging, you need a licence to blog!! JCofN. Since when did one
>> need a licence to write a book? Who tells the drafter of this bill that
>> writing a blog is any different than writing a book or magazine?
>>
>> All these seems to infringe on Article 33, 36, and 37 of our constitution.
>>
>> Waste of parliamentary time.
>>
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019, 16:42 Twahir Hussein Kassim via kictanet <
>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke> wrote:
>>
>>> Listers,
>>>
>>> Reference an article on Standard today (24th September 2019) titled
>>> \”Facebook, WhatsApp groups admins to seek CA clearance\” attached is the
>>> said bill.
>>>
>>> Whilst agreeably we need to regulate the social media inline with
>>> Internet Governance; the essence of this bill is both BACKWARD and
>>> OPPRESSIVE for lack of stronger terms to use.
>>>
>>> Having said that, it is imperative that we go through this with a tooth
>>> comb and point it\’s flaws and suggest better ways – a better way is
>>> definitely there. On this note, I think it is high time that we started
>>> looking at issue and put up measures before we get hit by such bills and
>>> start fire fighting.
>>>
>>> Let\’s roll up our sleeves.
>>>
>>> Twahir Hussein Kassim
>>> Email: twahir@hussein.me.ke
>>> Cellphone: +254 734 259 223
>>> WhatsApp: +254 722 259 223
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> kictanet mailing list
>>> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
>>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
>>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>>>
>>> Unsubscribe or change your options at
>>> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/kivuva%40transworldafrica.com
>>>
>>> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
>>> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>>> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
>>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>>>
>>> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
>>> online that you follow in real life: respect people\’s times and bandwidth,
>>> share knowledge, don\’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
>>> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>>>
>>
> [image: Mailtrack]
> <mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> Sender
> notified by
> Mailtrack
> <mailtrack.io?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=signature&utm_campaign=signaturevirality5&> 09/25/19,
> 12:04:23 AM
> _______________________________________________
> kictanet mailing list
> kictanet@lists.kictanet.or.ke
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/listinfo/kictanet
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kictanet
> Facebook: www.facebook.com/KICTANet/
>
> Unsubscribe or change your options at
> lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/otieno.barrack%40gmail.com
>
> The Kenya ICT Action Network (KICTANet) is a multi-stakeholder platform
> for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
> regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.
>
> KICTANetiquette : Adhere to the same standards of acceptable behaviors
> online that you follow in real life: respect people\’s times and bandwidth,
> share knowledge, don\’t flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
> not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
>

_______________________________________________
kictanet mailing list